Topics

ARRL 160 meter CW Contest

Dave Anderson, K4SV

Hi Everyone,

I hope you all entered the 160 meter contest last weekend.  Its a great way to catch the missing WAS state on 160 meters.

171457 Claimed Score 701 QSOs 109 Multipliers

Attached is the Carbillo File.

Dave Anderson, K4SV
Tryon, NC

828 777-5088

WWW.K4SV.NET

K9RX - Gary

Great job Dave! I see N3CZ also participated as QRP ... that has to be tough. I FINALLY got N1MM+ installed and working with the radio - made a couple dozen contacts and tested both S&P and RUN modes... there's a bug in the radio (Anan8000 SDR/PowerSDR) where it resets the radio back to 1 receiver ... but I want it to be left as 2 receivers so I can use the RX array on one and the TX vertical on the other allowing all direction receive with optimal where the RX antenna is ... i've yet to figure this one out.

Gary
K9RX

Kevan Nason

Gary,

Under what conditions does the rig reset to one receiver? Took a quick look in my old emails because I remember hearing something about where someone had a similar problem. They would use a macro to send or do something. When they ran the macro the second receiver turned off. Tom, N1MM, said that was because N1MMplus was coded to do that in the behind the scenes programming part of the program you can't control. The operator solved his problem by adding a line of code to end of the macro. After the action was completed, which also turned off the second receiver, the added code line would turn it back on again. Seamless to the control op.

Don't know if that would work for you or cause any issues with other software or control systems you might be using.

Sorry, but couldn't find the reference. Might have either been in the N1MMplus user group or one of the two TS590 groups I belong to.

Kevan
N4XL

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 9:03 AM K9RX - Gary <amateurK9RX@...> wrote:
... there's a bug in the radio (Anan8000 SDR/PowerSDR) where it resets the radio back to 1 receiver ... but I want it to be left as 2 receivers so I can use the RX array on one and the TX vertical on the other allowing all direction receive with optimal where the RX antenna is ... i've yet to figure this one out.

Gary
K9RX
_._

K9RX - Gary

Kevan,

I'll need to set it up again as I can't remember precisely. I do know it would do it every time, ok - maybe I don't fully remember - most if not every time I would go to the config menu... but of course that only has to happen until you're done setting it up - so I am pretty sure there was one other scenario while using it that it would do this as well. I'll get back to you via direct email - any suggestions would be appreciated, I know you're a heavy user. Its been nearly if not a good decade since I last used it and that was with the Yaesu 5000 which worked perfectly fine.

Gary
K9RX