Topics

DXCC Challenge 2000

Matt KU4XO

KU4XO has obtained DXCC Challenge 2000. Screen shot attached.

All contacts were made using junk wire tossed in a tree, from an antenna restricted neighborhood HOA. So don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done, it has been proven :^)

De KU4XO

Gary K9RX

Super – just think what you could have done if you had used expensive wire!

(since some/most don’t know me – I’m kidding of course)

great spread – all the way from 160 through 10 pretty nicely done ... and 6 to boot!

Gary
K9RX

KU4XO has obtained DXCC Challenge 2000. Screen shot attached.

All contacts were made using junk wire tossed in a tree, from an antenna restricted neighborhood HOA. So don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done, it has been proven :^)

De KU4XO

Attachments:

Dave Anderson, K4SV

Congratulations on 2000 challenge!

Thanks,
Dave Anderson, K4SV

On Dec 6, 2017, at 10:48 AM, KU4XO <comsac@...> wrote:

KU4XO has obtained DXCC Challenge 2000. Screen shot attached.

All contacts were made using junk wire tossed in a tree, from an antenna restricted neighborhood HOA. So don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done, it has been proven :^)

De KU4XO

Attachments:

KM4AHP Mark

Congratulations on the challenge.

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:24 AM Dave Anderson, K4SV via Groups.Io <DaveK4SV=Yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Congratulations on 2000 challenge!

Thanks,
Dave Anderson, K4SV

On Dec 6, 2017, at 10:48 AM, KU4XO <comsac@...> wrote:

KU4XO has obtained DXCC Challenge 2000. Screen shot attached.

All contacts were made using junk wire tossed in a tree, from an antenna restricted neighborhood HOA. So don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done, it has been proven :^)

De KU4XO

Attachments:

Ariel NY4G

Matt

Simply outstanding - especially considering from your Clublog profile that you only started pursuing DX in earnest 8 or so years ago.

Like Gary said (tongue in cheek) - what you could have done with "expensive wire" and not junk wire.

The 160m accomplishment is even more notable considering you only have 3 radials, and as far as I know, no dedicated receive antenna.

Congratulations and display that second medallion with pride.

Ariel NY4G

KU4XO has obtained DXCC Challenge 2000. Screen shot attached.

All contacts were made using junk wire tossed in a tree, from an antenna restricted neighborhood HOA. So don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done, it has been proven :^)

De KU4XO

Attachments:

Jim/K9JDP

Congrats my friend!

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:02 PM Ariel NY4G <ny4g@...> wrote:

Matt

Simply outstanding - especially considering from your Clublog profile that you only started pursuing DX in earnest 8 or so years ago.

Like Gary said (tongue in cheeks ) - what you could have done with "expensive wire" and not junk wire.

--
73, Jim / de/ K9JDP