Topics

DXCC Challenge 2000

Matt KU4XO

KU4XO has obtained DXCC Challenge 2000. Screen shot attached.

All contacts were made using junk wire tossed in a tree, from an antenna restricted neighborhood HOA. So don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done, it has been proven :^)

De KU4XO

Gary K9RX

Super – just think what you could have done if you had used expensive wire!

(since some/most don’t know me – I’m kidding of course)

great spread – all the way from 160 through 10 pretty nicely done ... and 6 to boot!

Gary
K9RX

Sent: Wednesday, December 6, 2017 10:48 AM
Subject: [nd7j] DXCC Challenge 2000

All contacts were made using junk wire tossed in a tree, from an antenna restricted neighborhood HOA. So don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done, it has been proven :^)

De KU4XO

Attachments:

Dave Anderson, K4SV

Congratulations on 2000 challenge! 

Thanks,
Dave Anderson, K4SV

On Dec 6, 2017, at 10:48 AM, KU4XO <comsac@...> wrote:

De KU4XO

Attachments:

KM4AHP Mark

Congratulations on the challenge. 

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 11:24 AM Dave Anderson, K4SV via Groups.Io <DaveK4SV=Yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Congratulations on 2000 challenge! 

Thanks,
Dave Anderson, K4SV

On Dec 6, 2017, at 10:48 AM, KU4XO <comsac@...> wrote:

De KU4XO

Attachments:

Ariel NY4G

Matt

Simply outstanding - especially considering from your Clublog profile that you only started pursuing DX in earnest 8 or so years ago.

Like Gary said (tongue in cheek) - what you could have done with "expensive wire" and not junk wire.

The 160m accomplishment is even more notable considering you only have 3 radials, and as far as I know, no dedicated receive antenna.

Congratulations and display that second medallion with pride.

Ariel NY4G

From: scdxa@groups.io <scdxa@groups.io> on behalf of KU4XO <comsac@...>
To: scdxa@groups.io

De KU4XO

Attachments:

Jim/K9JDP

Congrats my friend!

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:02 PM Ariel NY4G <ny4g@...> wrote:

Matt

Simply outstanding - especially considering from your Clublog profile that you only started pursuing DX in earnest 8 or so years ago.

Like Gary said (tongue in cheeks ) - what you could have done with "expensive wire" and not junk wire.

The 160m accomplishment is even more notable considering you only have 3 radials, and as far as I know, no dedicated receive antenna.

Congratulations and display that second medallion with pride.

Ariel NY4G

From: scdxa@groups.io <scdxa@groups.io> on behalf of KU4XO <comsac@...>

To: scdxa@groups.io

De KU4XO

Attachments:

--
73, Jim / de/ K9JDP